Monday, December 27, 2010

My week of Quiet





Rarely do a I get a week of quiet. It is usually hustle and bustle and appointments, meetings, phone calls, emails. My day is scheduled out all the time. This week, I am dubbing my Week of Quiet. I am going to take the time to put the stuff away that has been cluttering my office, do the stuff I have been procrastinating around the house, clean out the files on the computer and burn to disc what I don't need. As well, I am going to work out by either taking walks or working out with my trainer or using the elliptical machine collecting dust in the basement. I am going to do laundry, fold, and iron. I am going to go for a drive. I am going to make some nice dinners for Jon (if this dang stomach gets back to normal) and then read a book or two. I am going to limit myself on social media and just be with myself. Clear my head. Take dog walks. I also want to call some friends I have not talked to in a long time. Journal, sit and reflect. Start a fire in our fireplace. Peace. Quiet.

Instead of going 75 mph, I am going to go slower.



Thanks to Stevi and Matt for the pictures I am using for inspiration this week.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM , Blogger Calligrapher said...

good girl, you will feel better about yourself too! Don't forget to snuggle with G!

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Maurath Family Blog said...

It's the perfect thing to do this week. While I haven't take the week off officially, I'm definitely scheduling loads of stuff like this for me too! Go Ali!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home